New/Old User Retuning Experience

General Armor Critical discussion for topics without their own explicit forum.
Sparkalicious

New/Old User Retuning Experience

Post by Sparkalicious » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:33 am

Computer IT person by trade and work with Product teams to improve software. I only log in once a year, if that. But, if you're/we're wanting people to return there are some basic things that should be fixed/enhanced.

-Login page needs to be fixed/ verbiage changed.
-I tried logging in with my old emails and nothing was working, thought it was an issue of not remembering my password. So I do a lost password on my two main emails I thought I had logged in to system. One was not registered and the other was. However, I never got an email
-I created a brand new username with a brand new email. Tried logging in with the email and it did not work. Tried with the username and it did.

-These forums and Armor Critical login page.
-Do I really need to register twice? If I sign up for one or the other it should API to the other system and register me in both. Means less work the end user has to do/click through. Especially if someone it trying to login, has issues, trying to find help, and then they have to sign up somewhere else again just to get help.

-Display a line graph at the top of the Armor Critical Server/Chat window page for each day of the week for a 24 hour period for each day that displays when people are active. The definition of active can be debated; in game or moused over the chat window. Like at the top left or right have today's graph displayed and then have text that says "click here for other days" That then pops up a window of all 7 days of the week and graphs for each one. So then people can see when everyone is on and then they can plan to to hop on to play with others. Dumb down simplified graph for one day attached to help explain the product request/use case.
Attachments
Activity Widget.png

Sparkalicious

Re: New/Old User Retuning Experience

Post by Sparkalicious » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:23 am

Another thought on the when do people play. Give the ability for people to signup to get emailed and/or send a text to people when there is a game and/or X number of people are playing.

soosicK

Post by soosicK » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:42 am

Hello, I agree some things need to be updated and probably will be over time. As far as game play goes, I'm pretty sure that if you have Spark open and minimized it will alert you when there is a game. The admin or guide will make an alert and it will ding or something, also you can stay logged into discord. That was always the easiest way for me to get into a game. There are ways to find games if you actually want to play!

oTaCon

Post by oTaCon » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:55 pm

I agree with the suggestions here.

aTreYu

Post by aTreYu » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:25 pm

I've found the best way to get a game is to join a server.

M0use95

Post by M0use95 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:04 am

Legit